A monthly round-up of news, upcoming working group meetings and events, and CLIR program updates from the Digital Library Federation.
Welcome to the September DLF Digest! If your academic year is just kicking off, we wish you the best of luck with the new semester. Enjoy this month’s updates.
– Team DLF
This month’s news:
- Register: Registration for DLF Forum, Learn@DLF, and NDSA’s Digital Preservation is open through 11/3. DLF member organizations receive one complimentary coupon code for the DLF Forum. Not sure who received your organization’s code? Contact us at email@example.com.
- Call for Proposals: The DLF Digital Library Pedagogy group (aka #DLFteach) invites contributions to Volume 4 of the #DLFteach Toolkit, an open access resource providing peer-reviewed lesson plans and concrete instructional strategies. Proposals due 9/8.
- Call for Proposals: The 2023 International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Online Meeting will be held 12/5 – 12/7. This year’s meeting will follow a “Working and Learning” theme, with a program built to provide attendees with a look into new and innovative IIIF projects, implementations, developments, and tools, and opportunities to learn new skills. Submissions are due by 9/15.
- Call for Proposals: The call for proposals is now open for the 2023-2024 cycle of Digitizing Hidden Collections: Amplifying Unheard Voices. Initial applications are due by 11/1.
- Job Opportunities: CLIR is hiring two part-time program associates to work with the grant programs Digitizing Hidden Collections and Recordings at Risk.
- Closures: CLIR/DLF will be closed on Monday, September 4, in observance of Labor Day.
This month’s DLF group events:
DLF Project Managers Group Webinar
Wednesday, September 13, 1:00pmET / 10:00am PT; Register in advance
The DLF Project Managers Group is hosting a webinar at 1:00PM ET / 10:00am PT on Wednesday, September 13 focusing on the project management tools JIRA and Airtable. Our panelists will share their experiences using these tools to manage different aspects of their institutions’ digital library workflows, and we’ll also be sure there is plenty of time for questions and discussion following their presentations.
Panelists include Molly Bragg, Head of Digital Collections and Curation Services and Digital Collections Program Manager at Duke University Libraries and Louise Smith, Digital Library Project Manager at the University of Southern California Libraries
This month’s open DLF group meetings:
For the most up-to-date schedule of DLF group meetings and events (plus NDSA meetings, conferences, and more), bookmark the DLF Community Calendar. Can’t find meeting call-in information? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DLF Digital Accessibility Working Group: Wednesday, September 6, 2:00pm ET / 11:00am PT.
- DLF Assessment Interest Group (AIG) Metadata Working Group: Thursday, September 7, 1:15pm ET / 10:15am PT.
- AIG Cultural Assessment Working Group: Monday, September 11, 1:00pm ET / 10:00am PT.
- DLF AIG Cost Assessment Working Group: Monday, September 11, 3:00pm ET / 12:00pm PT.
- DLF AIG User Experience Working Group: Friday, September 15, 11:00am ET / 8:00am PT.
- DLF Committee for Equity & Inclusion: Friday, September 15, 1:00pm ET / 10:00am PT.
- DLF AIG Metadata Working Group: Thursday, September 21, 1:15pm ET / 10:15am PT.
- DLF Climate Justice Working Group Reading Group: Thursday, September 26, 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT.
- DLF Technology Strategy for Archives Working Group (TS4A) Intersections of Sustainability in Technology Subgroup: Tuesday, September 26, 1:00pm ET / 10:00am PT .
DLF groups are open to ALL, regardless of whether or not you’re affiliated with a DLF member organization. Learn more about our working groups on our website. Interested in scheduling an upcoming working group call or reviving a past group? Check out the DLF Organizer’s Toolkit. As always, feel free to get in touch at email@example.com.
Get Involved / Connect with Us
Below are some ways to stay connected with us and the digital library community:
- Learn more about the 2023 CLIR fall events: The DLF Forum, Learn@DLF pre-conference, NDSA’s Digital Preservation.
- Subscribe to our DLF Forum Newsletter.
- Join, start, or revive a working group and browse their work on the DLF Wiki.
- Join DLF-Announce, our primary listserv.
- Bookmark our Community Calendar.
- Learn more about becoming a DLF member organization.
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.