The DLF Forum
SAVE THE DATE
Our 2018 DLF Forum and allied events (including NDSA’s Digital Preservation 2018) will be held October 14-18, in Las Vegas, Nevada!
As an experiment in fostering regional community around the Digital Library Federation, DLF has begun supporting and organizing a small number of “DLFx” events, year-round.
Recent/Upcoming from DLFx
- DLFxDHSI (a Digital Libraries, DH, and Social Justice un-conference, sponsored by DLF’s Pedagogy and “Miracle Workers” interest groups) June 8-9, in conjunction with the Digital Humanities Summer Institute in Victoria, BC.
- UC-DLFx (“Building the University of California Digital Library: Theory and Practice”) February 27-28, at UC Riverside.
- Openlab Ignite (a proto-DLFx session at the Openlab Workshop in December 2015)
- Strategies for Audiovisual Digitization Projects, a free two-part series on approaches cultural memory institutions can take to digitally reformatting A/V materials and collections
- Creating Accessible Presentations: Carli Spina and DLF’s Forum Inclusivity Committee with practical tips on making your conference talks maximally accessible
- Endangered Accountability: a webinar on FOIA, Government Data, and Transparency, hosted by the DLF Government Records Transparency and Accountability group for Endangered Data Week 2017.
- IRUS-USA Webinar: a webinar about IRUS-USA (Institutional Repository Usage Statistics USA), an experimental collaboration between Jisc and DLF, and the support of DLF’s Assessment Interest Group (the DLF-AIG). IRUS-USA provides COUNTER-compliant usage statistics for content downloaded from DLF member institutions whose repositories are participating in the pilot project.
- The GOP and the 2020 Census: Amy West gave a special presentation for the DLF Government Records Transparency and Accountability group. More information can be found on their wiki.