The DLF Forum
SAVE THE DATE
The 2020 DLF Forum and allied events will be held November 9-13, 2020 online.
DLF Forum & Affiliated Events Recordings
- 2019 DLF Forum Keynote by Dr. Marisa Duarte, “Beautiful Data: Justice, Code, and Architectures of the Sublime”
- 2019 Digital Preservation Keynote by Alison Langmead, “Sustainability is Not Preservation”
- 2018 DLF Forum Keynote by Anasuya Sengupta, “Decolonizing Knowledge, Decolonizing the Internet”
- 2018 Digital Preservation Keynote by Snowden Becker, “To See Ourselves as Others See Us: On Archives, Visibility, and Value”
- 2017 Liberal Arts Colleges-HBCU Pre-Conference Keynote by Loretta Parham, “Staffing of Our Digital Library: The Promise, the Plan and Our Response”
- 2017 DLF Forum Keynote by Rasheedah Phillips, “Creating Communal Space-Times, Activating Quantum Time Capsules”
- 2017 Digital Preservation Keynote by Eira Tansey, “The Necessary Knowledge”
- 2016 Liberal Arts Colleges Pre-Conference Keynote by Jarrett Drake, “Documenting Dissent in the Contemporary College Archive”
- 2016 DLF Forum Keynote by Stacie Williams, “All Labor is Local”
- 2016 Digital Preservation Opening Keynote by Bergis Jules, “Confronting our Failure of Care Around the Legacies of Marginalized People in the Archives”
- 2016 Digital Preservation Closing Keynote by Allison Druin, “Building Communities of Practice for a Culture of Innovation”
- 2015 Liberal Arts Colleges Pre-Conference by Chris Bourg and Cecily Walker, “Digital Library Matters”
- 2015 DLF Forum Keynote by Safiya Umoja Noble, “Power, Privilege, and the Imperative to Act”
- 2015 DLF Forum & Liberal Arts Colleges Pre-Conference session recordings
- 2014 DLF Forum Keynote by Bethany Nowviskie, “Johannes Factotum and the Ends of Expertise”
As an experiment in fostering regional community around the Digital Library Federation, DLF has begun supporting and organizing a small number of “DLFx” events, year-round.
Recent from DLFx
- DLFxDHSI (a Digital Libraries, DH, and Social Justice un-conference, sponsored by DLF’s Pedagogy and “Miracle Workers” interest groups) June 8-9, in conjunction with the Digital Humanities Summer Institute in Victoria, BC.
- UC-DLFx (“Building the University of California Digital Library: Theory and Practice”) February 27-28, at UC Riverside.
- Openlab Ignite (a proto-DLFx session at the Openlab Workshop in December 2015)
- Strategies for Audiovisual Digitization Projects, a free two-part series on approaches cultural memory institutions can take to digitally reformatting A/V materials and collections
- Creating Accessible Presentations: Carli Spina and DLF’s Forum Inclusivity Committee with practical tips on making your conference talks maximally accessible
- Endangered Accountability: a webinar on FOIA, Government Data, and Transparency, hosted by the DLF Government Records Transparency and Accountability group for Endangered Data Week 2017.
- IRUS-USA Webinar: a webinar about IRUS-USA (Institutional Repository Usage Statistics USA), an experimental collaboration between Jisc and DLF, and the support of DLF’s Assessment Interest Group (the DLF-AIG). IRUS-USA provides COUNTER-compliant usage statistics for content downloaded from DLF member institutions whose repositories are participating in the pilot project.
- The GOP and the 2020 Census: Amy West gave a special presentation for the DLF Government Records Transparency and Accountability group. More information can be found on their wiki.
- 2016 Guide to Creating Accessible Presentations: to help you effectively engage with this diverse and dynamic community, the DLF Forum Inclusivity Committee offers these practical recommendations for creating accessible presentations.
- 2018 DLF Social Event Checklist: the DLF Forum Inclusivity Committee’s checklist designed to help you to evaluate possible social event venues to ensure that they are inclusive and welcoming for all participants.
- 2019 DLF Active Bystander Orientation: DLF’s Committee on Equity and Inclusion’s guide to responding and intervening when you witness bullying, harassment, or an uncomfortable encounter in a professional context.