The DLF Forum
SAVE THE DATE
Our 2019 DLF Forum and allied events (including NDSA’s Digital Preservation 2019) will be held October 13-17, in Tampa, Florida!
As an experiment in fostering regional community around the Digital Library Federation, DLF has begun supporting and organizing a small number of “DLFx” events, year-round.
Recent from DLFx
- DLFxDHSI (a Digital Libraries, DH, and Social Justice un-conference, sponsored by DLF’s Pedagogy and “Miracle Workers” interest groups) June 8-9, in conjunction with the Digital Humanities Summer Institute in Victoria, BC.
- UC-DLFx (“Building the University of California Digital Library: Theory and Practice”) February 27-28, at UC Riverside.
- Openlab Ignite (a proto-DLFx session at the Openlab Workshop in December 2015)
- Strategies for Audiovisual Digitization Projects, a free two-part series on approaches cultural memory institutions can take to digitally reformatting A/V materials and collections
- Creating Accessible Presentations: Carli Spina and DLF’s Forum Inclusivity Committee with practical tips on making your conference talks maximally accessible
- Endangered Accountability: a webinar on FOIA, Government Data, and Transparency, hosted by the DLF Government Records Transparency and Accountability group for Endangered Data Week 2017.
- IRUS-USA Webinar: a webinar about IRUS-USA (Institutional Repository Usage Statistics USA), an experimental collaboration between Jisc and DLF, and the support of DLF’s Assessment Interest Group (the DLF-AIG). IRUS-USA provides COUNTER-compliant usage statistics for content downloaded from DLF member institutions whose repositories are participating in the pilot project.
- The GOP and the 2020 Census: Amy West gave a special presentation for the DLF Government Records Transparency and Accountability group. More information can be found on their wiki.
DLF Forum & Affiliated Events Recordings
- 2018 DLF Forum Keynote by Anasuya Sengupta, “Decolonizing Knowledge, Decolonizing the Internet”
- 2018 Digital Preservation Keynote by Snowden Becker, “To See Ourselves as Others See Us: On Archives, Visibility, and Value”
- 2017 Liberal Arts Colleges-HBCU Pre-Conference Keynote by Loretta Parham, “Staffing of Our Digital Library: The Promise, the Plan and Our Response”
- 2017 DLF Forum Keynote by Rasheedah Phillips, “Creating Communal Space-Times, Activating Quantum Time Capsules”
- 2017 Digital Preservation Keynote by Eira Tansey, “The Necessary Knowledge”
- 2016 Liberal Arts Colleges Pre-Conference Keynote by Jarrett Drake, “Documenting Dissent in the Contemporary College Archive”
- 2016 DLF Forum Keynote by Stacie Williams, “All Labor is Local”
- 2016 Digital Preservation Opening Keynote by Bergis Jules, “Confronting our Failure of Care Around the Legacies of Marginalized People in the Archives”
- 2016 Digital Preservation Closing Keynote by Allison Druin, “Building Communities of Practice for a Culture of Innovation”
- 2015 Liberal Arts Colleges Pre-Conference by Chris Bourg and Cecily Walker, “Digital Library Matters”
- 2015 DLF Forum Keynote by Safiya Umoja Noble, “Power, Privilege, and the Imperative to Act”
- 2015 DLF Forum & Liberal Arts Colleges Pre-Conference session recordings
- 2014 DLF Forum Keynote by Bethany Nowviskie, “Johannes Factotum and the Ends of Expertise”
- 2016 Guide to Creating Accessible Presentations: to help you effectively engage with this diverse and dynamic community, the DLF Forum Inclusivity Committee offers these practical recommendations for creating accessible presentations.
- 2018 DLF Social Event Checklist: the DLF Forum Inclusivity Committee’s checklist designed to help you to evaluate possible social event venues to ensure that they are inclusive and welcoming for all participants.