This month’s news:
- Registration for DLF Forum, Learn@DLF, and NDSA’s Digital Preservation is open through 11/3. DLF member organizations receive one complimentary coupon code for the DLF Forum. Not sure who received your organization’s code? Contact us at email@example.com.
- Initial applications for CLIR’s Digitizing Hidden Collections: Amplifying Unheard Voices 2023-2024 awards cycle are due by Wednesday, November 1. Learn more about this year’s application process on CLIR’s website.
- CLIR and DLF will be closed Monday, October 9, in observance of Indigenous Peoples Day.
This month’s DLF group events:
DLF Digital Accessibility Advocacy and Education subgroup & AIG Cultural Assessment Working Group – Metadata and accessibility article discussion
Tuesday, October 3, 2pm ET/11am PT; register for call-in information
Join DLF’s Digital Accessibility Working Group’s (DAWG) Advocacy and Education subgroup and the DLF AIG Cultural Assessment Working Group for a joint discussion about the article“Metadata and universal access in digital library environment” By Wondwossem Mulualem Beyene and the resource Accessibility information in metadata.
Please register to attend. We welcome anyone from any DLF group, as well as people outside of DLF to attend. Please invite your colleagues.
A collaborative notes document with questions to think about has been created. Please feel free to add answers at any time. If you know of additional sources or have additional questions, please add them, too.
DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion – Active Bystander Orientation
Tuesday, October 24, 1pm ET/10am PT; register for call-in information
Have you ever witnessed bullying, harassment, or an uncomfortable encounter in a professional context and wished you knew how to intervene? It can be challenging to know what to say or do on the spot. The DLF Code of Conduct invites participants to be Active Bystanders, but what does that really mean?Please join the DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion for an Active Bystander Orientation on Tuesday, October 24 at 1pm Eastern/10am Pacific, ahead of this year’s DLF Forum and affiliated events. After an introduction to bystander intervention and an overview of strategies, we will open up discussion to explore how to apply active bystander strategies to situations that might happen in professional or social contexts. The presentation (but not discussion) will be recorded. Learn more about the event, including suggested readings, on the DLF Forum website.
This month’s open DLF group meetings:
For the most up-to-date schedule of DLF group meetings and events (plus NDSA meetings, conferences, and more), bookmark the DLF Community Calendar. Can’t find meeting call-in information? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DLF Digital Accessibility IT and Development Subgroup: Monday, October 2, 1:15pm ET/10:15am PT
- DLF Born-Digital Accessibility Working Group: Tuesday, October 3, 2pm ET/11am PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility Working Group: Wednesday, October 4, 2pm ET/11am PT
- DLF AIG Metadata Working Group: Thursdays, October 5 and 19, 1:15pm ET/10:15am PT
- DLF AIG Cultural Assessment Working Group Inclusive Metadata Task Force: Monday, October 9, 1pm ET/10am PT
- DLF AIG Cost Assessment Working Group: Monday, October 9, 3pm ET/12pm PT
- DLF Climate Justice Working Group: Monday, October 16, 12pm ET/9am PT
- DLF AIG User Experience Working Group: Friday, October 20, 11am ET/8am PT
- DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion: Friday, October 20, 1pm ET/10am PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility Policy and Workflows Subgroup: Friday, October 27, 1pm ET/10am PT
DLF groups are open to ALL, regardless of whether or not you’re affiliated with a DLF member institution. Learn more about our working groups and how to get involved on the DLF website. Interested in starting a new working group or reviving an older one? Need to schedule an upcoming working group call? Check out the DLF Organizer’s Toolkit to learn more about how Team DLF supports our working groups, and send us a message at email@example.com to let us know how we can help.