This month’s news:
- Registration is now open for the 2023 DLF Forum, Learn@DLF preconference workshops, and NDSA’s Digital Preservation 2023: Communities of Time and Place. Secure the best rate by registering before early bird registration ends on August 15!
- ICYMI: This year’s DLF Forum and DigiPres featured speakers are Kishonna Gray and Jamie A. Lee. Head to the DLF Forum blog to learn more about them and this year’s events.
- The program for Learn@DLF, our preconference day of workshops taking place on Sunday, November 12, is now available. Through engaging, hands-on sessions, attendees will gain experience with new tools and resources, exchange ideas, and develop and share expertise with fellow community members. Registration includes two three-hour workshops, but space is limited so don’t wait to register!
- Videos from the two-day virtual conference Toward Radical Imagination: HBCUs, Digital Libraries, and Authentic Collaboration are now available on YouTube! The playlist includes both featured speaker sessions and six panel sessions on topics such as creating access to HBCU Collections, digital pedagogy, grants, leadership, digital publishing, and art and archives.
- DLF is thrilled to share that DLF community member Devon Murphy will head to the 86th Annual Meeting of ASIS&T this October in London, England as a GLAM Cross-Pollinator. Head to the DLF blog to learn more about Devon, and catch up on the fellow reflection from Cristina Fontánez Rodríguez, our ARLIS/NA GLAM Cross-Pollinator at their April conference in Mexico City.
- Each year, CLIR relies on the contributions of reviewers to assess hundreds of submissions to our grant and fellowship programs. We are always looking for new volunteers willing to serve. The type of expertise and level of commitment required varies by program and role. We invite you to complete this form if you would like to be considered as a future reviewer.
- CLIR offices will be closed Monday and Tuesday, July 3-4, in observance of Independence Day.
This month’s DLF group events:
DLF Project Managers Group Webinar
Thursday, July 20, 2pm ET/11am PT; register in advance
The DLF Project Managers Group is hosting two webinars this summer that will focus on project management when working with external partners. An organization’s usual project workflows may need to be revised, changed or documented differently when partnering with external organizations that are not used to working on digitization or digital library projects at any scale. Our panelists will share their experiences working with such partners and we’ll also be sure there is plenty of time for questions and discussion following their short presentations.
July’s panelists will include:
Danielle Afsordeh (she/her), Community Outreach Archivist, Central Arkansas Library System, Butler Center for Arkansas Studies. Danielle will be speaking on her community partnership with the historically Polish Marche community in Northern Pulaski County, Arkansas.
Brittany Bertazon (she/her/hers), Digital Project Manager, Utah State University, University Libraries. Brittany will be speaking on a class-integrated project that partnered with both the Utah State Archives and a state governmental agency.
Molly Huber is the Outreach Coordinator for the Minnesota Digital Library (MDL), which is based within the University of Minnesota Libraries. Molly will speak about the relationships MDL has with its over 200 external contributing partners and how projects are conceived, organized, and successfully completed.
Gabriella Williams is the Digital Projects Librarian at the University of Miami Libraries (UML). She served as both project manager and primary investigator on UML’s CLIR grant project to digitize Pan American World Airways records and create an aviation subject portal in DPLA. Gabby will be speaking about this project with specific emphasis on UML’s partnership with HistoryMiami Museum and their contributions to the project.
This month’s open DLF group meetings:
For the most up-to-date schedule of DLF group meetings and events (plus NDSA meetings, conferences, and more), bookmark the DLF Community Calendar. Can’t find meeting call-in information? Email us at email@example.com.
- DLF Digital Accessibility Working Group: Wednesday, July 5, 2pm ET/11am PT
- DLF AIG Cultural Assessment Working Group: Monday, July 10, 1pm ET/10am PT
- DLF AIG Cost Assessment Working Group: Monday, July 10, 3pm ET/12pm PT
- DLF AIG Metadata Assessment Working Group: Thursdays, July 13 and 27, 1:15pm ET/10:15am PT
- DLF AIG User Experience Working Group: Friday, July 21, 11am ET/8am PT
- DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion: Friday, July 21, 1pm ET/10am PT
- DLF Climate Justice Working Group: Tuesday, July 25, 12pm ET/9am PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility Policy and Workflows Subgroup: Friday, July 28, 1pm ET/10am PT
DLF groups are open to ALL, regardless of whether or not you’re affiliated with a DLF member institution. Learn more about our working groups and how to get involved on the DLF website. Interested in starting a new working group or reviving an older one? Need to schedule an upcoming working group call? Check out the DLF Organizer’s Toolkit to learn more about how Team DLF supports our working groups, and send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how we can help.