This month’s news:
- In December, CLIR announced recipients for its Pocket Burgundy publication series. Reports from the publication series will be published in 2024. Read on about the selected projects on CLIR’s website.
- Congratulations to DLF Digital Library Pedagogy Group and Digital Accessibility Working Group leader Alex Wermer-Colan for being named Technical.ly’s 2022 Tech Community Leader of the Year for his work with Philly Community Wireless, a community-based effort bringing free mesh internet infrastructure to neighborhoods in North Philadelphia.
- CLIR will be closed Monday, January 16 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
This month’s DLF group events:
DLF Museums Cohort & ARLIS/NA Museum Library Division joint meeting
Tuesday, January 24, 2 pm ET/11 am PT; contact firstname.lastname@example.org for call-in information
Join the Museums Cohort and ARLIS/NA’s Museum Library Division as we host a discussion on developing diverse library collections and diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion (DEAI) practices with Jennifer Riestenberg of the Walker Art Center.
This month’s open DLF group meetings:
For the most up-to-date schedule of DLF group meetings and events (plus NDSA meetings, conferences, and more), bookmark the DLF Community Calendar. Can’t find meeting call-in information? Email us at email@example.com.
- DLF Digital Accessibility Working Group: Wednesday, January 4, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF AIG Cultural Assessment Working Group: Monday, January 9, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
- DLF AIG Cost Assessment Working Group: Monday, January 9, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility Advocacy and Education Subgroup: Tuesday, January 10, 10 am ET/7 am PT
- DLF AIG User Experience Subgroup: Friday, January 20, 11 am ET/8 am PT
- DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion: Friday, January 20, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility Policy and Workflows Subgroup: Friday, January 27, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility IT and Development Subgroup: Monday, January 30, 11 am ET/8 am PT
DLF groups are open to ALL, regardless of whether or not you’re affiliated with a DLF member institution. Learn more about our working groups and how to get involved on the DLF website. Interested in starting a new working group or reviving an older one? Need to schedule an upcoming working group call? Check out the DLF Organizer’s Toolkit to learn more about how Team DLF supports our working groups, and send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how we can help.