A monthly round-up of news, upcoming working group meetings and events, and CLIR program updates from the Digital Library Federation.
This month’s news:
- CLIR and the Software Preservation Network (SPN) recently published Supporting Software Preservation Services in Research and Memory Organizations, a white paper which presents findings from a survey- and interview-based study of software preservation service providers, including archivists, librarians, preservation specialists, technologists, and other information professionals. Learn more on CLIR’s website.
- CLIR has announced partnership agreements with the Association of African Universities (AAU), the Réseau francophone numérique (RFN)-AISBL, and the UbuntuNet Alliance to develop Hidden Collections Africa, a new program to advance visibility and access to rare and unique cultural materials held in the continent. Read on for more information about this initiative.
- Look back at October’s DLF Forum with our series of 2022 Forum Fellow reflections. The final posts in the series will be available this week. Stay tuned to the DLF blog.
- CLIR offices are closed Thursday, December 22 through Tuesday, January 3.
This month’s DLF group events:
DLF Digital Library Pedagogy Group – #DLFteach Twitter Chat
Tuesday, December 14, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
Join the Digital Library Pedagogy Group for December’s #DLFteach Twitter chat. This month’s topic is TBA, so be on the lookout for updates in group communications and on Twitter from @CLIRDLF.
This month’s open DLF group meetings:
For the most up-to-date schedule of DLF group meetings and events (plus NDSA meetings, conferences, and more), bookmark the DLF Community Calendar. Can’t find meeting call-in information? Email us at email@example.com.
- DLF Born-Digital Access Working Group: Tuesday, December 6, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility Working Group: Wednesday, December 7, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF AIG Cultural Assessment Working Group Inclusive Metadata Task Force: Monday, December 12, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
- DLF AIG User Experience Working Group: Friday, December 16, 11 am ET/8 am PT
- DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion: Friday, December 16, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
DLF groups are open to ALL, regardless of whether or not you’re affiliated with a DLF member institution. Learn more about our working groups and how to get involved on the DLF website. Interested in starting a new working group or reviving an older one? Need to schedule an upcoming working group call? Check out the DLF Organizer’s Toolkit to learn more about how Team DLF supports our working groups, and send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how we can help.