A monthly round-up of news, upcoming working group meetings and events, and CLIR program updates from the Digital Library Federation.
This month’s news:
- Join us in Baltimore! The call for the 2022 DLF Forum volunteer planning committee is open now through Friday, January 14. Next year’s event will take place in Baltimore, Maryland, in October 2022. For more information about committee roles and time commitments, and to apply to join the planning committee, head to the volunteer form here: https://forms.gle/2ajaM8zsruL3ctfw8
- Applications are now being accepted for the 2022 Leading Change Institute (LCI), to be held July 10–15 in Washington DC. Cosponsored by CLIR and EDUCAUSE, LCI is designed for leaders in higher education—including CIOs, librarians, information technology professionals, and administrators—who are interested in working collaboratively to promote and initiate change on critical issues affecting the academy. Applications are due by January 10.
- CLIR recently announced award recipients for its new “Pocket Burgundy” publication series. The series, which derives its name from the deep red covers of CLIR’s traditional research reports, will focus on shorter pieces—20 to 50 pages—addressing current topics in the information and cultural heritage community. View the awardees here.
- CLIR offices will be Monday, January 17, in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
This month’s open DLF group meetings:
For the most up-to-date schedule of DLF group meetings and events (plus NDSA meetings, conferences, and more), bookmark the DLF Community Calendar. Can’t find meeting call-in information? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DLF AIG Cultural Assessment Working Group: Monday, January 10, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility Working Group: Wednesday, January 12, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion: Thursday, January 20, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT
- DLF Museums Cohort: Wednesday, January 26, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility Policy and Workflows Subgroup: Friday, January 28, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
- DLF AIG User Experience Working Group: Friday, January 28, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
DLF groups are open to ALL, regardless of whether or not you’re affiliated with a DLF member institution. Learn more about our working groups and how to get involved on the DLF website. Interested in starting a new working group or reviving an older one? Need to schedule an upcoming working group call? Check out the DLF Organizer’s Toolkit to learn more about how Team DLF supports our working groups, and send us a message at email@example.com to let us know how we can help.