This month’s news:
- In case you missed the deadline, there’s a second chance to purchase the 2021 DLF Forum t-shirt! Shirts are $25/each + shipping & handling, with all proceeds benefiting the DLF Childcare Fund. Sales are open through Monday, December 6, so order yours now!
- ICYMI: Former DLF Technologies of Surveillance (now Privacy and Ethics in Technology) working group facilitator Shea Swauger discussed the potential ramifications of unfettered predictive analytics in higher education in the Washington Post.
- Join us in Baltimore! The 2022 DLF Forum and affiliated events will take place October 9-13, 2022 in Baltimore, Maryland. Interested in joining the #DLFvillage to help make this our best Forum yet? Volunteer for the 2022 DLF Forum Planning Committee by Friday, January 14, 2022. More information about subcommittee roles and time commitments and sign-up form available here.
- CLIR offices will be closed December 23 through January 3. See you in the new year!
This month’s open DLF group meetings:
NOTE: This schedule is up-to-date as of December 1; however, some meetings may be cancelled or rescheduled due to their proximity to the holidays. Check DLF’s Community Calendar for updates.
For the most up-to-date schedule of DLF group meetings and events (plus NDSA meetings, conferences, and more), bookmark the DLF Community Calendar. Can’t find meeting call-in information? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DLF AIG Metadata Working Group: Thursday, December 2 and 16, 1:15 pm ET/10:15 am PT
- DLF Born-Digital Access Working Group: Tuesday, December 7, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF Working Group on Privacy and Ethics in Technology: Tuesday, December 7, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility Working Group: Wednesday, December 8, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF AIG Cultural Assessment Working Group – speaker series: Thursday, December 9, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
- DLF Climate Justice Group: Thursday, December 9, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF Working Group on Labor in Digital Libraries, Archives, and Museums: Monday, December 13, 12 pm ET/9 am PT
- DLF AIG Cultural Assessment Working Group – all hands meeting: Monday, December 13, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
- DLF AIG Cost Assessment Group: Monday, December 13, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT
- #DLFteach Twitter Chat: Tuesday, December 14, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion: Thursday, December 16, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT
DLF groups are open to ALL, regardless of whether or not you’re affiliated with a DLF member institution. Learn more about our working groups and how to get involved on the DLF website. Interested in starting a new working group or reviving an older one? Need to schedule an upcoming working group call? Check out the DLF Organizer’s Toolkit to learn more about how Team DLF supports our working groups, and send us a message at email@example.com to let us know how we can help.