This month’s news:
- DLF is pleased to announce the recipients of its 2022 DLF Forum Fellowship awards. Head to the Forum website to meet this year’s awardees.
- REMINDER: Early bird registration rates for the 2022 DLF Forum, Learn@DLF, NDSA’s Digital Preservation 2022: Preserving Legacy, and CLIR’s Digitizing Hidden Collections Symposium end on Monday, August 15. Register for our events, book your hotel, browse all event programs as well as our community-written Baltimore local guide, and start planning for yet another memorable week with CLIR.
- ICYMI: Last month, DLF’s Born-Digital Access Working Group’s Cloud Storage for Accessing Born-Digital Materials subgroup published “Using Cloud Storage for Access to Digital Archives,” on the DLF blog.
- CLIR and DLF close at noon on Fridays from July 1 through September 2.
This month’s DLF group events:
DLF Digital Pedagogy Group – #DLFteach Twitter Chat
Tuesday, August 16, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
Join our August #DLFTeach Twitter chat on Doing DH in non-English Language. This discussion will engage scholars who have encountered challenges, successes, resources, and projects in non-English languages. Our hosts are the Recovery Program/US Latino Digital Humanities Center (@apprecovery), Gabriela Baeza Ventura (@gbventura), Carolina Villarroel (@rayenchil), and Lorena Gauthereau (@LGauth19). Follow along and participate with the #DLFTeach hashtag. Questions will be tweeted from the @CLIRDLF handle.
Details on this conversation are at https://wiki.diglib.org/2022.08.16_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat.
This month’s open DLF group meetings:
For the most up-to-date schedule of DLF group meetings and events (plus NDSA meetings, conferences, and more), bookmark the DLF Community Calendar. Can’t find meeting call-in information? Email us at email@example.com.
- DLF Born-Digital Access Working Group: Tuesday, August 2, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility Working Group: Wednesday, August 3, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF AIG Cost Assessment Working Group: Monday, August 8, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT
- DLF Working Group on Privacy and Ethics in Technology: Wednesday, August 17, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT
- DLF Working Group on Labor in Digital Libraries, Archives, and Museums: Thursday, August 18, 12 pm PT/9 am ET
- DLF AIG Metadata Working Group: Thursday, August 18, 1:15 pm ET/10:15 am PT
- DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion: Friday, August 19, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility Policy and Workflows Subgroup: Friday, August 26, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
- DLF AIG User Experience Working Group: Friday, August 26, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT
DLF groups are open to ALL, regardless of whether or not you’re affiliated with a DLF member institution. Learn more about our working groups and how to get involved on the DLF website. Interested in starting a new working group or reviving an older one? Need to schedule an upcoming working group call? Check out the DLF Organizer’s Toolkit to learn more about how Team DLF supports our working groups, and send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how we can help.