This month’s news:
- The DLF Digital Library Pedagogy group invites all interested digital pedagogy practitioners to contribute to a literacy- and competency-centered #DLFteach Toolkit, an online, open resource focused on lesson plans and concrete instructional strategies. For additional information, see the CFP. If you are interested in contributing a lesson to the toolkit and/or being a peer reviewer, please complete the intent to contribute form. Proposals are due by September 1, 2021. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On August 11, all Twitter updates about CLIR’s Recordings at Risk and Digitizing Hidden Collections grants and grantees will move to one account, @CLIRgrants. Make sure to follow the @CLIRHC Twitter account so you’ll be ready once it transitions to @CLIRgrants!
- Registration for the 2021 DLF Forum and affiliated events opens soon. Subscribe to the DLF Forum newsletter for the latest updates on this fall’s virtual events.
This month’s DLF group events:
DLF Digital Library Pedagogy group – #DLFteach Twitter Chat
Join the DLF Digital Library Pedagogy group for this month’s Twitter chat on building stronger community engagement for open source. Twitter chat details, instructions, and archives of past #DLFteach chats are available on the DLF wiki.
This month’s open DLF group meetings:
For the most up-to-date schedule of DLF group meetings and events (plus NDSA meetings, conferences, and more), make sure to bookmark the DLF Community Calendar. Can’t find meeting call-in information? Email us at email@example.com.
- DLF-AIG Metadata Assessment working group: Thursdays, August 5 & 19, 1:15pm ET/10:15am PT
- DLF-AIG Cultural Assessment working group: Monday, August 9, 1pm ET/10am PT
- DLF-AIG Cost Assessment working group: Monday, August 9, 3pm ET/12pm PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility working group: Wednesday, August 11, 2pm ET/11am PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility working group-Education & Advocacy subgroup: Monday, August 16, 1pm ET/10am PT
- DLF Committee for Equity & Inclusion: Thursday, August 19, 3pm ET/12pm PT
- DLF Museums Cohort: Wednesday, August 25, 2pm ET/11am PT
- DLF-AIG User Experience working group: Friday, August 27, 2pm ET/11am PT
DLF groups are open to ALL, regardless of whether or not you’re affiliated with a DLF member institution. Learn more about our working groups and how to get involved on the DLF website. Interested in starting a new working group or reviving an older one? Need to schedule an upcoming working group call? Check out the DLF Organizer’s Toolkit to learn more about how Team DLF supports our working groups, and send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how we can help.