This month’s news:
- The deadline to register for the 2022 DLF Forum, Learn@DLF pre-conference workshops, NDSA’s Digital Preservation 2022: Preserving Legacy, and CLIR’s Digitizing Hidden Collections Symposium is September 30. This year’s events take place October 9-13 in Baltimore, Maryland. Updates to our event health and safety protocols are available on the Forum website.
- Need childcare at this year’s CLIR events? Be sure to register by September 7 or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can be sure to include your littles in our headcount.
- Don’t miss out on the 2022 DLF Forum t-shirt. Shirt orders can be placed when registering for events, and the only way to guarantee a t-shirt will be available in your size when you arrive in Baltimore is to register by September 7.
- A new study published by the CLIR suggests that a type of audio tape commonly used since the 1950s may have greater longevity than previously thought. Read the findings of Accelerated Aging of Polyester-Based Legacy Audio Magnetic Tape Stock.
- The deadline to submit proposals for CLIR’s Pocket Burgundy series is September 28.
- CLIR and DLF will be closed Monday, September 5 in observance of Labor Day.
This month’s open DLF group meetings:
For the most up-to-date schedule of DLF group meetings and events (plus NDSA meetings, conferences, and more), bookmark the DLF Community Calendar. Can’t find meeting call-in information? Email us at email@example.com.
- DLF AIG Metadata Working Group: Thursday, September 1, 1:15 pm ET/10:15 am PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility Working Group: Wednesday, September 7, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF AIG Cost Assessment Group: Monday, September 13, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT
- DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion: Friday, September 16, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
- DLF Working Group on Privacy and Ethics in Technology: Wednesday, September 21, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT
- DLF AIG User Experience Working Group: Friday, September 23, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility Policy and Workflows Subgroup: Friday, September 30, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
DLF groups are open to ALL, regardless of whether or not you’re affiliated with a DLF member institution. Learn more about our working groups and how to get involved on the DLF website. Interested in starting a new working group or reviving an older one? Need to schedule an upcoming working group call? Check out the DLF Organizer’s Toolkit to learn more about how Team DLF supports our working groups, and send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how we can help.