This month’s news:
- Welcome to a special DLF Forum edition of the DLF Digest! The virtual 2021 DLF Forum takes place today, Monday, November 1, through Wednesday, November 3, followed on Thursday, November 4, by NDSA’s Digital Preservation 2021: Embracing Digitality. Our Learn@DLF workshops take place next Monday through Wednesday, November 8 through 10.
- If you weren’t able to register for our events, there are still plenty of ways to keep up with the #DLFvillage over the next two weeks:
- Follow along on Twitter with our event hashtags: #DLFforum, #DigiPres21, and #LearnAtDLF.
- Meet our 2021 DLF Forum Community Journalists and keep an eye on the DLF blog after our events conclude to read their Forum reflections!
- Recordings of most of this year’s presentations will be made publicly available this winter! Subscribe to the CLIR/DLF and NDSA YouTube channels to be one of the first to know when we release the videos. While you’re waiting, you can catch up on all of last year’s fantastic DLF Forum recordings.
- DLF’s Data and Digital Scholarship working group (DLFdds) is seeking nominations and self-nominations for two new co-conveners. Check out the call for participation here, and complete the nomination form by December 1.
- CLIR offices are closed Monday-Friday, November 22-26, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
This month’s open DLF group meetings:
NOTE: Some of November’s standing working group meetings may be rescheduled due to conflicts with the DLF Forum and affiliated events. Check the DLF Community Calendar for updates.
For the most up-to-date schedule of DLF group meetings and events (plus NDSA meetings, conferences, and more), bookmark the DLF Community Calendar. Can’t find meeting call-in information? Email us at email@example.com. DLF AIG Metadata
- DLF AIG Metadata Assessment Working Group: Thursday, November 11, 1:15 pm ET/10:15 am PT
- DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion: Thursday, November 18, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT
DLF groups are open to ALL, regardless of whether or not you’re affiliated with a DLF member institution. Learn more about our working groups and how to get involved on the DLF website. Interested in starting a new working group or reviving an older one? Need to schedule an upcoming working group call? Check out the DLF Organizer’s Toolkit to learn more about how Team DLF supports our working groups, and send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how we can help.