This month’s news:
- Registration is now open for the 2022 DLF Forum and Learn@DLF preconference, NDSA’s Digital Preservation 2022: Preserving Legacy, and CLIR’s Digitizing Hidden Collections Symposium. Find out more about this year’s events, including this year’s exciting keynote speakers, on the DLF Forum blog.
- CLIR has issued a call for proposals (CFP) for its “Pocket Burgundy” publication series. The series invites proposals on topics reflecting current concerns in the information and cultural heritage community and will award $2,500 for successful proposals. More information about submitting a proposal by the September 28 deadline can be found on CLIR’s website.
- New on the DLF blog: check out a new blog series from the Born-Digital Access Working Group’s Legal Due Diligence Subteam in conjunction with their recently published Legal and Ethical Considerations for Born-Digital Access. Have expertise and experience to share? BDAWG seeks community contributions for future posts.
- CLIR welcomes LD4 Community (LD4) as its newest affiliate, serving as the community’s financial host. LD4 is a community for linked data practitioners to foster broad adoption and sustained support of linked data efforts in libraries. LD4’s upcoming conference, “Linking Global Knowledge,” will be held virtually July 11-15. More information and a link to register are available here. CLIR will serve as financial host for the LD4 Community. More information on CLIR Affiliates can be found here.
- CLIR and DLF will be closed Monday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day.
This month’s DLF group events:
DLF Museums Cohort – July Quarterly Meeting
Wednesday, July 28, 2pm ET/11 am PT; contact email@example.com for call-in information
Join DLF’s Museums Cohort at our July call for a community-led discussion on creating and implementing digital initiatives strategies at our institutions. More information about this month’s discussion will be shared as it becomes available. Subscribe to the low-traffic DLF Museums Cohort listserv for updates.
This month’s open DLF group meetings:
For the most up-to-date schedule of DLF group meetings and events (plus NDSA meetings, conferences, and more), bookmark the DLF Community Calendar. Can’t find meeting call-in information? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DLF Digital Accessibility Working Group: Wednesday, July 6, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF AIG Cost Assessment Working Group: Monday, July 11, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT
- DLF Working Group on Labor in Digital Libraries, Archives, and Museums: Wednesday, July 13, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion: Friday, July 15, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
- DLF Working Group on Privacy and Ethics in Technology: Wednesday, July 20, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT
- DLF AIG Metadata Working Group: Thursday, July 21, 1:15 pm ET/10:15 am PT
- DLF AIG User Experience Working Group: Friday, July 22, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT
- DLF AIG Cultural Assessment Working Group: Thursday, July 28, 2 pm ET/11 am PT
- DLF Digital Accessibility Policy and Workflows Subgroup: Friday, July 29, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
DLF groups are open to ALL, regardless of whether or not you’re affiliated with a DLF member institution. Learn more about our working groups and how to get involved on the DLF website. Interested in starting a new working group or reviving an older one? Need to schedule an upcoming working group call? Check out the DLF Organizer’s Toolkit to learn more about how Team DLF supports our working groups, and send us a message at email@example.com to let us know how we can help.