This 3-year term position serves as the Library Services Platform software developer reporting to the Head of the Library Technology Division’s Enterprise Systems department, and confers with the Library Collection Services Project Manager. This job includes working in a highly collaborative environment with Library colleagues and partners on the analysis, design, coding and testing of software in order to explore, adapt, and implement current and emerging technologies—particularly with implementation, integration with campus Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and other systems, and developing software components in support of a Library Services Platform (such as Ex Libris Alma and Voyager).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- Four to six years of development experience in an OOP development environment including experience with Web Services programming in a service-oriented architecture.
- Advanced web development experience with languages such as Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, and/or Perl.
- Prior work with collaborative projects involving group software development.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills.
For more information, interested applicants can view the full job description via Northwestern University’s eRecruit web site, referencing Job Opening ID #22520 at: