The Ohio State University Libraries is seeking a Partner Relations Coordinator to support the University Libraries Digital Content Services (DCS) division. DCS engages with partners across the University to increase the amount, value, and impact of OSU-produced digital content. DCS offers support by organizing, providing access, distributing, and preserving digital scholarship through the Knowledge Bank repository and the Libraries Publishing Program. The DCS Partner Relations Coordinator works under the direction of the department heads, and is the initial DCS contact for potential new content, responding to requests for information and accompanying subject specialists in first and follow up conversations with potential partners. These conversations often include a preliminary assessment of the potential partner’s goals in light of Library goals and policies, and a follow-up assessment of what is needed to present and distribute the content online. The incumbent also supports and develops outreach and educational programming for partners and potential partners. The position requires an in-depth understanding of the scholarly communications landscape and the suite of digital content services provided by the department, sound judgment and decision making. There is a potential for supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area of study or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Experience or familiarity with the academic environment and scholarly publishing process required.
- Experience with project management and/or product management.
- Positive customer orientation and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work creatively both independently and collaboratively with diverse groups.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology/software.
- Supervisory experience.
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis experience.
- Experience working with content management systems.
- Ability to think creatively in developing and promoting the use of library collections through a variety of outreach efforts.
- Experience implementing marketing strategies.
Applications will be accepted through October 4, 2015, to apply, please visit https://www.jobsatosu.com/, requisition number 411932.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.