Georgetown University Lauinger Library (http://www.library.georgetown.edu/) invites applications for the position of Discovery Services Librarian.
Posting at: https://jobs.georgetown.edu/PD.php?posNo=20142747
The Discovery Services Librarian contributes to the Library’s mission of delivering a seamless experience to users for discovery library resources and services in the development, support, and maintenance of all library discovery services, catalog, and strategies for the discovery of library resources and services. The Discovery Services Librarian applies their knowledge and experience with discovery tools and library technologies. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Works in collaboration with library staff, university faculty, and students to develop, implement and assess policies, practices and technologies designed to enhance library resource and services discovery and sharing.
- Works on a wide variety of projects, both individual and collaborative in scope, identifies ways to improve, extend, and integrate the Libraries’ various search tools and online environments.
- Provides expertise and works collaboratively with library staff in public services, technical services the library website, institutional repository and archives to develop strategies for discovery and access.
- Participates actively in the ongoing planning and delivery of access points for the discovery of library resources and services by faculty, students and researchers.
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science or equivalent.
- 3 years (though preferably 5 years) of library experience, preferably in an academic library.
- Successful experience in leading and managing an Integrated Library System, platforms, and computer operations. [Preference for experience with III systems (Millennium and or Sierra), but other ILS experience is also acceptable.]
- Successful experience in: managing, implementing or integrating with of link resolvers and ILS data; in scripting or programming to automate tasks; and in managing, implementing or integrating with any discovery layers such as Encore, Summon, and Primo.
- Knowledge of Machine-Readable Cataloging (MARC) format.
- Familiarity with library technology standards and protocols such as Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records (FRBR), Z39.50 search protocol, OAI/PHM harvesting protocol, Resource Description and Access (RDA).
- Familiarity with EZProxy software, as well as with standards such as Rich Site Summary (RSS) and Web 2.0 collaboration and sharing.
- Familiarity with discovery services, library platforms, and Integrated Library System (ILS).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – written, oral, and interpersonal.
Link to full job ad and to apply: https://jobs.georgetown.edu/PD.php?posNo=20142747
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, disability or other categories protected by law.