Reporting to the Product Development Manager, the Lead Application Developer will ensure that the system requirements for the UC Press/CDL web-based content management initiative for scholarly monographs are appropriately addressed in extensions and enhancements to the selected base platform from which the system will be developed. Collaborating with software architects and developers from partner organizations, the Lead Application Developer:
- designs, develops, modifies, tests and evaluates and maintains enterprise level, open source computer programs
- designs, implements and works with related databases, web interfaces and content, or multimedia processes.
Additional responsibilities include:
- test-to-production processes
- quality assurance
- technical support for user experience testing
- maintenance and documentation of applications.
The position requires web applications programming using object-oriented programming languages, specifically Ruby and the Ruby on Rails framework or Python.
The Lead Application Developer will coordinate with senior technical staff at partner organizations in order to plan, develop, maintain and deploy the evolution and enhancements to the system. This individual will advise the project team and management on technical strategies, new services, time constraints, cost incursions/savings, and development strategies.
This position is a two-year contract position with a possible extension dependent upon funding.
To view the full job listing, go to: jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=58337
Please attach a resume and cover letter to your online application. The requisition number is 20150218.
Applications will close May 6, 2015.