Position Title: Associate University Librarian for Digital Strategies
Reports to: Dean of Libraries/University Librarian
As one of the portfolio leaders, the Associate University Librarian for Digital Strategies (AULDS) advances the library’s mission and contributes to the achievement of library and university strategic goals within a highly collaborative, user-focused, research and learning environment.
Managers of the following three work groups report directly to the AULDS: Repository and Digital Content Management, Bibliographic Services and Platform Management, IT Infrastructure.
The AULDS also provides leadership support and oversight for the digital scholarship services working group. The AULDS collaborates with information technology units throughout the university and with external organizations on projects of interest to the library; and represents the library and/or the university in meetings, groups, and forums as needed. For more information about this position, please visit http://www.library.northwestern.edu/about/library-administration/jobs.
- ALA accredited master’s degree in library or information science or the equivalent combination of education and relevant library or academic technologies experience required. Additional advance degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience leading information technology operations in an academic research library or leading IT or digital initiatives in an academic setting and/or in a library services organization.
- Demonstrated expertise in providing leadership to create and promote a clear vision; experienced decision-maker at an executive level; ability to sell ideas and follow through on decisions.
- Demonstrated expertise in supervising, developing, and coaching information technology professionals.
- Knowledge and understanding of automated library systems and services issues, digital preservation and repository issues to support planning, development and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to bring innovative and complex projects to completion, especially for projects requiring collaboration across library departments, and academic and administrative divisions across the university.
- Awareness of current trends in digital and IT strategies environment.
Send PDF formatted letter of application, resume or vita, and names of three references to the attention of Jan Hayes, Personnel Librarian, electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by May 4, 2015 will receive first consideration.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.