Join the 2020 DLF Forum Planning Committee!
As we near the end of 2019, the planning commences for our 2020 events. The 2020 Learn@DLF, DLF Forum, and NDSA’s Digital Preservation 2020 will take place in Baltimore, Maryland, November 8-12, 2020.
We are pleased to announce that our call for DLF Forum Planning Committee volunteers is now open! Want to be a part of it? Read on.
CLIR’s annual DLF Forum welcomes digital library, archives, and museum practitioners from member institutions and beyond—for whom it serves as a meeting place, marketplace, and congress. Planning committee members help make the Forum a special event every year. All are invited and welcome to participate; you don’t have to be part of a DLF member institution to volunteer, nor do you have to be sure you can attend the events in person (though we hope you can!).
We have opportunities available on the following subcommittees:
- Program – Members of this committee will help review the DLF Forum CFP before it is released, create the Forum program based on submissions and peer reviews, and assist with moderator responsibilities leading up to and at the Forum. Please note: If you can’t attend the Forum or otherwise can’t be a moderator, you may still join this committee to help with the other tasks!
- Sponsorship – Members of this committee will be responsible for suggesting and contacting potential sponsors for the DLF Forum and Digital Preservation.
- Scholarship – The primary task of this group is to help to select Forum Fellows. Each member will read and rank up to 15 applications and will participate in committee calls to discuss feedback.
- Community – This committee will focus its efforts on brainstorming, planning, and leading social and wellness events during the DLF Forum and creating a local guide for attendees on the DLF Forum website, with a mind toward experiences that are as inclusive and welcoming as possible.
- Reviewers – We’ll be issuing a separate call for session proposal reviewers later this winter, but if you want to express interest now, you certainly can.
The deadline for completing this form is Friday, January 10, 2020.
Please don’t hesitate to write us at email@example.com with any specific questions. We look forward to seeing you in 2020.