Posting Number: req208
12 Month Full-Time
Location: Pocatello – Main
Performs primary management and troubleshooting of the Library’s licensed electronic resources, such as ebooks, ejournals and databases (e.g. EBSCOhost, LexisNexis, etc.). Provides general reference services, library instruction, and is a subject bibliographer.
- Facilitates trial, review, selection and acquisition of electronic resources and performs access, maintenance and troubleshooting duties for the library’s electronic resources.
- Participates in initial license review for electronic resources.
- Determines permissible use parameters and makes recommendations on license acceptance.
- Ensures access to electronic resources using EBSCO suite of products, including Discovery Service, link resolver, A-Z list, and Ex Libris Voyager Integrated Library System (ILS) acquisition and cataloging modules.
- Gathers, maintains and reports key metrics (including usage, cost comparison, etc.) for quarterly and periodic reports.
- Works collaboratively with library systems department staff to establish and maintain access to electronic resources by all authorized means, including by proxy server.
- Maintains effective relations with the providers of the library’s electronic resources.
- Identifies emerging trends, technologies and best practices in electronic resources management that have the potential for new and improved library services.
- Participates in reference desk duty.
- Assists faculty, students, staff and other users on a one-on-one basis by answering specific information requests, offering research assistance, and guiding users in the effective use of a broad range of information resources found in the library.
- Some evenings and weekend hours are required.
- Serves as a member of the Library’s Database Evaluation and Selection Committee (DESC).
- Serves as a bibliographer to designated academic departments and oversees the selection of materials in assigned subject areas.
- Assists in collection development and evaluation; monitors pertinent portions of the acquisitions budget; works to develop and maintain good relations with faculty members.
- Participates in professional activities, including university and library committees and task forces, and attends professional meetings.
- Participates in the Library’s instruction program.
- Requires an MLS, M.L.I.S. or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program by date of hire.
- Experience in the management of a library’s licensed electronic resources (ebooks, ejournals and databases) within an academic library, either as a professional or as a staff member.
- Experience using EBSCO’s Discovery Service, A-Z list and link resolver, CORAL, Ex Libris’ Voyager ILS acquisition and cataloging modules and OCLC Connexion.
- Ability to work collegially and cooperatively with a varied user groups and function effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Evidence of high productivity, multitasking and problem solving skills when working independently or in groups, as changing situations require.
- Experience in the management of the Library’s licensed electronic resources (ebooks, ejournals and databases) life-cycle within an academic setting.
- Experience serving as a point of contact for maintenance and troubleshooting of electronic resources.
- Familiarity with issues related to the management of electronic resources, including ever-changing electronic publishing environment, copyright and intellectual property rights, acquisitions and cataloging principles, usage data, and remote access issues.
- Experience working with publishers and vendors of electronic resources.
- Experience working in public services area in academic library.
- Capacity to respond effectively to change, including changes in technologies, needs, and priorities.
Apply online at: careers.isu.edu
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Curriculum vitae, Letter of application that addresses job requirements, list of references. Position will remain open until filled.
Salary will be $42,764 annually. Includes a competitive benefits package.
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition, preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources.