Electronic Resources and Acquisitions Support Specialist, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks an innovative and knowledgeable professional to support the technical infrastructure needs for electronic resources and acquisitions functions at the University Library. This is an Academic Professional position for a librarian who possesses the requisite skills, experience, and/or demonstrated knowledge from course work. The Support Specialist will work in the Acquisitions unit within the Technical Services Division of the Library. The successful candidate will work in a team environment with those division faculty and staff responsible for the management of electronic resources and acquisitions work, as well as with IT staff in providing technical support for the Library’s OpenURL link resolver, which is currently SFX. The work will include support for the tools, as well as the daily processes, to load, convert, and update resources or records to support the access and assessment of electronic resources, and for the Acquisitions unit’s record management needs. The position will assist in the maintenance of SFX, in troubleshooting access problems, and will also assist in managing the reports and documentation necessary to support electronic resources and acquisitions work. This position reports to the Head of Acquisitions.
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in library or information science.
- A minimum of two years of library work experience and significant familiarity with library applications and procedures for electronic resource management, OpenURL link resolvers, and integrated library systems modules used in technical services.
- Demonstrated understanding of continuing resources, including awareness of issues from the perspective of vendors, publishers, and aggregators and that relate to platforms and licensing.
- Ability to communicate and work well with colleagues across units and ability to understand variant perspectives on shared work.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, oral and written communication skills, and customer service skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
Specific job duties and additional preferred qualifications can be found at the official job URL: https://jobs.illinois.edu/search-jobs/job-details?jobID=40728
To apply visit this web site: https://jobs.illinois.edu/.
Application Deadline: May 20, 2014