The University of Miami Libraries is looking for a Digital Technologies Programmer/Analyst to provide leadership in the research, development and maintenance of the Libraries technical infrastructure. This includes web development, digital programs, user interfaces and other emerging technologies. The incumbent designs, develops, implements, and facilitates project management for the research and development of user-centered tools and applications to enhance operations and services. The DTPA is a member of the Digital Projects Team and supervises one programmer/analyst.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (include percentages of time)
* Works with IMS and Digital Programs and Scholarship to effectively manage the design and development of web-based applications and tools to facilitate content management and delivery of library resources and services. Works with faculty on a variety of XML-based digital projects. Researches and evaluates potential commercial and open-source solutions and implements when necessary. Installs, configures and maintains commercial and open source software packages and modules. (60%)
* Works with staff to design, develop, and maintain tools to streamline workflows related to digital projects, to include developing applications for digital production and digital content management. Works to define requirements of tools to support delivery of digital content and supports emerging digital library production and delivery services. Works with relevant staff to defines and implement databases and necessary interfaces with other systems (20%)
* Works with staff to design, test, and implement user interfaces and designs, codes and tests software related to the implementation. Writes documentation, attends planning and project meetings, works collaboratively with all IMS, Digital Programs and Scholarship, and Access, Information, and Research staff. (10%)
* Supervises and mentors one programmer/analyst and students (5%)
* Participates in relevant meetings, conferences, and presentations. Actively engages in continued and professional development. (5%)
For more information and to apply online, please see: http://um.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=2660161