The NDSA calls for volunteers to join our Planning Committee for Digital Preservation 2023.
Digital Preservation (DigiPres) is the NDSA’s annual conference – open to members and non-members alike – focused on stewardship, curation, and preservation of digital information and cultural heritage. The 2023 meeting will take place on November 15-16, 2023, in St. Louis, Missouri, just after the DLF Forum.
NDSA is an affiliate of the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) and the Digital Library Federation (DLF), and the DigiPres conference is held in concert with the annual DLF Forum.
Planning Committee responsibilities include:
- Defining a vision for the conference
- Crafting and distributing a Call for Proposals
- Reviewing and selecting proposals
- Identifying a keynote speaker
- Determining the conference schedule
- Moderating sessions
- Supporting membership through recruitment and mentorship efforts
- Collaborating with the DLF Forum planning committee on community events, equity and inclusion, and sponsorship opportunities
We expect to have monthly group calls from February-December, with some periods being busier than others. For instance, in the months of May-June 2023, there will be an uptick in the work during the period where we create the schedule as it requires concentrated effort.
Join us by completing this form by Friday, January 21st, and please share widely.
We look forward to working with you!
~ Stacey Erdman, 2023 Chair
~ Deirdre Joyce, 2023 Vice-Chair/2024 Chair