The University of Miami Libraries (UML) seeks an Associate Dean to bring vision and innovation to their newly restructured leadership team. The new Associate Dean will joinan exceptional team of three other associate deans, supporting the Dean of Libraries, Chuck Eckman. These four individuals will shape and promote the mission of collaboration and develop new programs, structure, and tradition for the University of Miami Libraries.
Reporting to the Dean and University Librarian, the Associate Dean for Digital Strategies will provide strategic leadership and direction for the UML digital infrastructure and technology planning. S/he will also provide University-wide leadership and serve as the primary spokesperson for the libraries’ digital strategy and services to the UM community, will oversee the Libraries digital production program and infrastructure development for all of the Libraries content management systems and repositories, provide leadership within the Libraries on the creation and curation of digital objects for research and learning, and ensure a robust technical infrastructure to support a wide range of digital scholarship and scholarly publishing.
Required qualifications for this role include:
- A Master’s degree in library and information science, computer science, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in academic research libraries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current trends and issues in the application of technology to libraries and higher education.
- Substantive knowledge of digital assets and the technical infrastructure required for their life-cycle management, including metadata requirements, migration strategies, best practices in digital preservation, and relevant national and international standards.
- Substantive knowledge of library systems, digital libraries, and digital repositories.
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies and technologies.
The University of Miami has retained Isaacson, Miller, a national executive search firm, to assist in this recruitment. All applications, inquiries, and nominations should be submitted in confidence via Isaacson, Miller’s website at www.imsearch.com/5095. Inquiries should be directed to Beverly Brady, Senior Associate, and Julie Yermack, Associate. Please visit https://library.miami.edu/ for additional information. You can also download the position profile.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.