Announcing the New DLF Advisory Committee Members
The Board of Directors of the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) has approved three new members to serve on the Digital Library Federation (DLF) Advisory Committee, which advises the DLF director on matters relating to program activities, initiatives, partnerships, and strategy.
The new members are Patricia Hswe, Digital Content Strategist and Head, ScholarSphere User Services at Pennsylvania State University; Trevor Muñoz, Associate Director of the Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities (MITH); and Bess Sadler, Manager for Application Development, Digital Library Systems, at Stanford University Library.
The new members were nominated by the DLF community and received the highest number of community votes. The nominees were then reviewed and approved by the CLIR Board.
The committee comprises three CLIR Board members and five members of the DLF community, each of whom will serve a three-year term. Sadler, Hswe, and Muñoz join current DLF Advisory Committee members:
- Stephen Rhind-Tutt: CLIR Board member and President, Alexander Street Press
- David Rumsey: CLIR Board member; Founder, David Rumsey Map Collection; and President, Cartography Associates
- Sarah Shreeves: Coordinator, IDEALS; and Co-coordinator, Scholarly Commons
- Winston Tabb: CLIR Board member and Sheridan Dean of University Libraries and Museums, Johns Hopkins University
- Jennifer Vinopal, Librarian for Digital Scholarship Initiatives, New York University
David Rumsey serves as chair of the committee.