Web Developer, The Ohio State University Libraries
The Ohio State University Libraries is on a mission to preserve and make accessible its distinctive digital resources. It’s an ambitious goal, and we need a creative web developer like you to join our growing team to make it happen. As a full-stack PHP developer, you will customize and maintain the Libraries content management systems (Drupal, WordPress, Omeka). You will support library.osu.edu, cartoons.osu.edu, and an expanding digital exhibits program. It’s a great opportunity to make a significant, positive impact on how patrons experience our content and services. You will also gain marketable experience working on open-source systems with the latest technologies and, at the same time, give back to Ohio State.
Here’s primarily what you’ll be doing:
- Building custom modules for PHP-based content management systems, primarily Drupal
- Translating graphic designs into responsive CMS templates and themes
- Integrating external services into websites via API
The Libraries is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and encourages all employees to fully incorporate their diverse backgrounds, skills, and life experiences into their work and towards the Libraries’ mission. We value work/life balance. You will have opportunities for remote work, and on-call time is limited. Travel reimbursement and relocation assistance will not be offered with this position.
Supervision and Essential Duties:
May supervise student employees
On Call Support:
Systems and applications are assigned primary and secondary developers who are expected to respond to critical incidents during off-hours. These incidents are very rare. Our weekly scheduled maintenance window is 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm on Thursdays.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 3+ years of programming experience in PHP;
- 1+ years of experience supporting PHP-based content management systems, preferably Drupal;
- Knowledge of responsive web design fundamentals;
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards.
To be considered for this position please apply online at https://www.jobsatosu.com/postings/69744 from April 23, 2016 through May 8, 2016.