NYU Division of Libraries is currently seeking a Technical Architect. This position is a member of the Digital Library Technology Services (DLTS) unit, which processes, enables access to and preserves digital materials that come from both the NYU community and from collaborating partner organizations. Our methods include digitization, software development, research, project coordination and the articulation of best practices. DLTS creates infrastructure and systems to advance networked scholarly communication and explores the questions raised by the use of these services as they continue to evolve.
The Technical Architect, reporting to the Manager, Digital Library Publication and Access, will plan, configure, and manage both in-house and cloud environments for DLTS. The incumbent will also provide advanced technical assistance in support of faculty and interact with librarians, staff, and scholars as appropriate.
DLTS supports Library-wide initiatives and serves as a meeting point between Libraries and ITS. This position will be a fulcrum for these communities and will facilitate teamwork and collaboration among them.
The incumbent’s deliverables will impact DLTS primarily, but will also have an impact on DLTS customers, who include members of NYU Libraries as well as NYU faculty.
For more information about DLTS, see: http://dlib.nyu.edu
- Plan and implement robust system for content preservation and publishing
- Plan and implement redundant storage architecture
- Establish failover/backup solutions for high availability
- Implement changes to ensure system uptime, disaster recovery, and optimization for global initiatives
- Analyze architectural options and recommend solutions including cloud-hosted or hybrid PaaS or SaaS environments
- Implement system changes for high availability
- Provide technical support for faculty, including deployment and support of tools, workflows, and platforms
- Support enterprise applications on an as-needed basis
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and 3 years relevant experience as well as experience with Linux administration (any flavor), LAMP and Tomcat environment setup and maintenance, demonstrated success working in a collaborative environment with technical and non-technical partners and excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Experience in higher education, preferably in a research library environment
- MySQL database administration
- Scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP)
- Experience with cloud hosting
- Drupal platform administration
- Experience installing and maintaining enterprise applications, such as WordPress, Omeka, or Open Journal
- Experience providing training or workshops and/or presenting in scholarly venues
Application and resume must include a cover letter that reflects how your experience fits the position description.
For more information about working at NYU and to apply, visit our website at:
Click on search positions and then search by position title or by posting number 20095622.
NYU’s Division of Libraries embraces diversity and is committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
NYU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer