Library Professional 1: Researcher Support & Scholarly Communications Professional
Job number: IRC37663
Salary Range: $49,200 – $78,200
The Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) Research Library seeks a forward-looking information professional to proactively develop and deliver responsive reference, research, and instructional support as well as to develop and manage library collections. The successful candidate will be a member of the customer engagement team, providing services to Lab scientists and engineers as well as working across project teams.
- Research/reference consultation
- Information discovery strategies & instruction
- Scholarly communications services, including open access & data
- Outreach to research community
- Digital collection management and development
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Experience providing research, reference and consultation assistance
- Involvement in and development of outreach activities
- Demonstrated collection development and resource analysis skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a rapidly changing team-based environment
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Ability to obtain a Q clearance.
- Additional degree in STEM area
- Knowledge of productivity and citation management tools
- Experience creating accessible web content
- Experience with online instruction tools and the creation of video tutorials
- Working knowledge of a range of scholarly communication services & activities such as open access, funding agency requirements, copyright and metrics
- Ability to formulate and implement innovative approaches and solutions to problems
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to a wide range of audiences
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline, preferred ALA accredited MLS / MLIS degree and a minimum of two years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Notes to Applicants:
For consideration, applicants must submit a comprehensive cover letter that addresses the minimum requirements of the position.
Send questions and inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Position will be cleared to this level.) Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements* for access to classified matter.
*Eligibility requirements: To obtain a clearance, an individual must be at least 18 years of age; U.S. citizenship is required except in very limited circumstances. See DOE Order 472.2 for additional information.
Pre-Employment Drug Test:
The Laboratory requires successful applicants to complete a pre-employment drug test and maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
Term status Laboratory employees applying for regular-status positions are converted to a regular status only with approval of the cognizant Principal Associate Director.
Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regards to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com or call 1-505-665-5627.
Located in northern New Mexico, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. LANL enhances national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
The Research Library at Los Alamos National Laboratory advances discovery science in support of the Lab mission to solve national security challenges through scientific excellence. Staff members work closely with colleagues within and across teams. The Research Library values strong outreach to Lab scientists and engineers and supports the full scholarly communication lifecycle.
Link to job number IRC37663: