Northwestern University Library is pleased to announce an amazing opportunity! We are searching for a Repository Community Manager who will support two exciting initiatives, the Avalon Media System project and the Library’s Digital Repository.
The Repository Community manager serves as the primary liaison to current and potential adopters of the Avalon Media system and will contribute to the overall product strategy, including the development of sustainability and service plans. They will also support the community of users of Northwestern University Library’s Digital Repository by developing and implementing methodologies for user research to support the NUL Digital Repository. This is a partially grant funded, term position ending on 1/15/2017.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for customer relations for the Avalon Media System and NUL Repository community of users and future users
- Seeks input from adopters and potential adopters of both systems to inform product development
- Manages public face of the Avalon Media System, by developing blog posts, newsletters and social media channels
- Develops and delivers technical presentations, educational and training materials
- Advances strategic conversations with partners, advisory board, adopters, sponsors of both systems
Qualifications and competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree from an accredited university or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with repository technologies or digital asset management systems in the context of an academic library or archive.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation experience
- Solid teamwork and collaboration skills
- Experience with open-source technologies, usability and user research
- Strong organizational, technical and project management skills
For more information, interested applicants can view the full job description via Northwestern University’s eRecruit website, referencing Job Opening ID #25002 at: