Project Manager (Part-Time), Columbia University Center for Digital Research and Scholarship
The Center for Digital Research and Scholarship (CDRS) at Columbia University Libraries seeks a motivated, collaborative and creative part-time Project Manager to join our team. The Project Manager oversees several multi-stakeholder, online-based digital scholarship projects produced in partnership with CDRS. This Project Manager is responsible for creating related schedule and resource requirements and managing the entire project lifecycle. In addition, the candidate will provide administrative assistance and training as necessary, and identify potential projects and grants.
This is a part-time, temporary position working 21 hours per week (3 days per week), with an anticipated end date of December 31, 2017 (with the possibility of extension).
This position reports to the Production Manager, Center for Digital Research and Scholarship.
Position Duties Include:
- Provides leadership on assigned projects, directs the entire lifecycle of an individual project, and shepherds the project through the production process.
- Serves as the principal liaison with clients on a per project basis and makes presentations to senior management, Columbia University stakeholders, and clients.
- Develops editorial content for new projects as required, identifies potential projects and partners, and writes proposals and partnership agreements.
- Develops detailed project requirement specifications and documentation, including Web site wireframes.
As one of the world’s leading research universities, Columbia University in the City of New York provides outstanding opportunities to work and grow in a dynamic multicultural intellectual community. The Columbia University Libraries/Information Services comprises a diverse, collegial and engaged staff committed to furthering the University’s teaching and research mission through innovation, leadership, collaboration and professionalism.
About the Center for Digital Research and Scholarship
The Center for Digital Research and Scholarship (CDRS), a division of the Columbia University Libraries/Information Services, serves the digital research, scholarly communication, and academic publishing needs of the faculty, students, and staff of Columbia University and its affiliates. Our mission is to increase the utility and impact of research produced at Columbia by creating, adapting, implementing, supporting, and sustaining innovative digital tools and publishing platforms for content delivery, discovery, analysis, data curation, and preservation.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with digital production procedures, tools, and technologies
- Must be comfortable with project management software
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong ability to motivate a team
- Experience working on digital scholarship or publishing projects
- Experience in generating the flowcharts and diagrams, plus current knowledge of visual design and interactive technology
Interested candidates should submit an application, cover letter and resume via this link: https://jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=152156
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.