Clemson University Libraries seeks a Library Web Developer to direct the strategic long term goals, policies and procedures for the university libraries website. This position will provide administrative and technical management of all facets of the website. The Web Developer will interact with a wide variety of colleagues to provide web development support and will work closely with content creators to organize their content in a meaningful way into the content management system. Development and implementation of overall policies and procedures for web site structure, format, usage, responsiveness, and accessibility will be included.
Library Web Developer responsibilities include:
- Provides day to day oversight and management of web installations, including content creation and addition/removal, performing updates, server and database administration, managing controlled vocabularies for page content classes and types, and scheduling backups. Manages the migration of content from legacy web sites and systems into WordPress. Installs, tests, and implements WordPress plugins and themes.
- Performs short and long-term strategic planning. Develops and implements concepts, policies, and standards for top-level website within overall goals and parameters established by senior management. Designs consistent methodologies for development of internet resources.
- Performs web server administration tasks at a Unix/Linux shell command line, translates business needs/wants into web system designs, work with others to build integration interfaces between web applications and other university and library systems.
- Supervises ongoing evaluation of website software. Creates and maintains documentation. Trains content managers. Meets regularly with content managers.
- Develops web applications to streamline or improve online library services. Evaluates, recommends, and administers website programming.
- Adheres to and complies with all university policies and procedures.
Preferred Qualifications in addition to the minimum qualifications:
Familiarity with XML and XSLT. Experience with version control systems, especially Subversion; Web development experience in a library environment; experience with Sass; experience with task runners.
Work Schedule: Standard schedule of 37.5 hours per week; Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm.
Location: Cooper Library on Clemson University campus
- Prepare a résumé and cover letter outlining your knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Use an internet browser to access the Clemson University Human Resources website at http://www.clemson.edu/employment/prospective/findjobs.html
- Select the ‘Internal Applicant Job Board’ link (if current employee).
- Scroll through the available positions and locate position ‘Library Web Developer’ Job ID #14480.
- Click to open the application box, fill out the application completely and attach cover letter and résumé documents.
- This position will close on Friday, October 9, 2015.
Jeanne Clery Act:
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure Act requires institutions of higher education to disclose campus security information including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding areas. As a current or prospective Clemson University employee, you have a right to obtain a copy of this information for this institution. For more information regarding our Employment, Campus Safety and Benefits, please visit the Human Resources – Prospective Employees web page shown below: http://www.clemson.edu/cao/humanresources/prospective/
Clemson University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information.