California Digital Library – University of California
Digitization & Services Coordinator
To apply: jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=55524
The California Digital Library (CDL) offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the large-scale digitization of significant library collections at the University of California and to the development of key library services provided for those collections. Reporting to the Mass Digitization Project Manager, the Digitization & Services Coordinator provides planning, coordination, analysis and communications support for UC Libraries’ digitization projects including the Google Book Search Library project. In addition, the Digitization & Services Coordinator will have major responsibility for supporting and enhancing the new UC Library Reprints print-on-demand service, as well as participate in a range of activities related to the HathiTrust Digital Library and digital collection development, analysis and management.
• Bachelor’s degree with theoretical knowledge in library and information sciences and at least three years of experience working in a research library environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated success in project planning, analysis, and coordination, including translation of project goals and requirements into concrete tasks and deliverables, and in preparing written documentation of project functions and activities.
• Experience implementing digitization projects, including digitization project design, workflows, techniques, and technical standards relating to both books and non-book formats such as images and archival materials.
• Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining a web presence and in the use of wikis and social media.
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze metadata, usage statistics, user feedback, and other inputs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, including the ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies, such as faculty and librarians, programmers, and partners in external organizations.
• Working experience with structured data, digital object standards, and metadata formats and standards.
• Understanding of digital library challenges and trends.
• Masters degree in Library or Information Science or a related field.
• Familiarity with databases and Integrated Library Systems (ILSs).
• Experience coordinating projects involving multiple institutions and teams that are geographically distributed.
• Working knowledge of copyright law and fair use.
• Strong service orientation.
This is a 3-year contract postion.