Head of Digital Services, Georgetown University Lauinger Library
Georgetown University Lauinger Library (http://www.library.georgetown.edu/) invites applications for the position of Head, Digital Services Unit.
View the posting and Apply at: https://jobs.georgetown.edu/PD.php?posNo=20160255
The Unit Head, Digital Services coordinates the planning, designing, implementation, maintenance, expansion and communication/outreach of the digital collections/projects, digital services, and institutional repository services, collections and content, including the design, deployment and maintenance of digital services and platforms which includes DigitalGeorgetown and related digital tool sets, representations of digital content, digital conversion, interoperability of digital platforms, and integration of digital resources into learning management systems.
The Digital Services Unit is one of two core units of LIT along with Library Applications and Systems Support. The Unit Head, Digital Services position reports to the Head of Library Information Technology, who provides strategy, planning, and policy direction. Supervises 1 FTE digital services staff and 2-3 FTE student assistants. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Initiates and is the first point of contact for all new digital projects and digital initiatives, and works with both internal and external project stakeholders to develop an achievable project plan guided by a clear project charter.
- Monitors progress toward project milestones and coordinates with stakeholders of participating departments in the library and the University to ensure timely progress toward completion, making necessary adjustments in keeping with the priorities of the GU Libraries as a whole.
- Keeps current on technology trends, to identify possibilities for collaboration and partnership on digital initiatives within the GU Libraries, university and consortially, and to be proactive in ensuring that the GU Libraries remain current and relevant with their digital collections and digital repositories and systems.
- Seeks out new opportunities for GU Libraries with emphasis on innovation, digital developments, and new roles for academic libraries in digital pedagogy and curriculum. In addition, the Unit Head, Digital Services will serve as a public face for digital initiatives by representing the GU Libraries on external committees, working groups, and other professional organizations as needed.
- Master’s degree in library and/or information science from an ALA-accredited program or related degree.
- Minimum two years of direct experience with digital initiatives (digitization projects, digital content management systems and/or Web-based delivery of digital objects).
- Experience with some digital collection management platforms or extensible services such as DSpace, Islandora, Omeka, DigiTool, Blacklight etc.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze user requirements to deliver digital solutions and experience performing usability surveys.
- Experience with digital image file formats, conversion and software such as Adobe CS
- Knowledge of audio and visual applications in the virtual environment.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects involving many stakeholders simultaneously.
To apply, please go to the following URL <https://jobs.georgetown.edu/PD.php?posNo=20160255>