The Born-Digital Access Group is an ad-hoc group that formed at the 2015 SAA annual meeting. Activities center around developing an archivist bootcamp to share ideas and tools for providing access to born-digital materials.
Questions posed included:
- What research topic(s) of yours and/or content types have required the use of born digital materials?
- What challenges have you faced in accessing and/or using born digital content? Any suggested improvements?
- What discovery methods do you think are most suitable for research with born digital material?
- What information or tools do/could help provide the context needed to evaluate and use born digital material?
- What information about collecting/providing access would you like to see accompanying born digital archives?
Stay tuned for more activity from the group.