Job: Digital Research Services for the Humanities, Case Western Reserve University
DESCRIPTION. The Digital Research Services for the Humanities position manages a portfolio of digital scholarship services for this discipline. (1) Digital services. Consult and partner with faculty and student researchers to support their research data life cycles by providing expertise in the digital project development and management (including tools, software, and repository). (2) Client Engagement. Market to, educate and engage faculty and students about e-scholarship and forge new collaborations and relationships that extend the Libraries’ capacity to support the University’s interdisciplinary initiatives in the humanities. (3) Collection Management. Participate in collection management, including the coordination, evaluation, and selection of print and electronic resources. (4) Research Support. Provide consultation and guidance for faculty and student to discover and manage print and electronic information resources effectively.
For additional information on Digital Services @ KSL, visit http://library.case.edu/ksl/services/digital/
- An advanced degree in a humanities discipline (Master’s degree required, doctoral degree preferred) (with preference for art/art history or modern languages). An additional ALA-accredited MLS preferred.
- Professional-level work experience in an academic library or equivalent research setting.
- Demonstrable understanding of the research processes employed in a range of disciplines with particular focus on the research data lifecycle.
- Demonstrated expertise employing digital tools for e-research, including big data management and curation, text mining, research practices relating to data, preservation, and retrieval.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change.
- Demonstrated initiative and productivity working in team based projects and across organizational boundaries.
- Knowledge of national and international best practices in digital scholarship and data curation.
- Familiarity with data management requirements of federal agencies.
- Experience with grant writing or data management plan development.
ENVIRONMENT. The Kelvin Smith Library is a dynamic, technology-rich, and highly collaborative organization that is a member of the Association of Research Libraries (ARL), OhioLINK, and CNI. Supported by an endowment, the Freedman Center for Digital Scholarship integrates e-research and digital scholarship services. Founded in 1826, the University is an internationally recognized private research university serving 4,400 undergraduates and 5,650 graduate students with a full-time faculty of 3,055. Situated in Cleveland’s vibrant University Circle cultural community, CWRU is an integral partner with world-class cultural organizations such as the Cleveland Museum of Art, the Western Reserve Historical Society, the Cleveland Botanical Garden, and the Cleveland Museum of Natural History. KSL affiliate libraries include the Cleveland Institute of Art, the Cleveland Institute of Music, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Library and Archives.
SALARY. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APPLICATION PROCESS. The full job description and application information are available at https://employment.case.edu/psp/erecruit/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL