Job Purpose: Develop basic software solutions for the Library’s web-based digital programs. Involves researching, designing and testing software supporting a digital library system.
- Participate in systems design, development, implementation and support of digital repositories.
- Design, develop and support digital and archival collections.
- Perform data harvesting and normalization activities.
- Investigate, test and recommend digital library software and technologies.
- Provide support for digital preservation initiatives.
- Recommend and document standards, policies and procedures associated with digital library.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Two to three years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires a basic knowledge and skill in application of a variety of specialized operating system and other software required for developing web-based digital programs. Also required are skills in organization and customer service.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience working with APIs and a solid understanding of web protocols and technologies
- Familiarity with XML, XSLT, JSON
- Experience with SQL
- Knowledge of metadata formats (e.g. MARC, METS, MODS, Dublin Core, EAD, PREMIS)
- Familiarity with repository related applications and digital asset management technologies (e.g. Fedora, Hydra, Blacklight)
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Library management and staff, faculty. This position typically will advise and counsel: Library management. This position will supervise: NA.
The incumbent, working with existing Library information technology professionals, archival specialists, faculty, and librarians, will play a key role in the development, planning, documentation, and deployment of a new and enhanced digital library repository infrastructure.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit an application and resume at: http://careers.gatech.edu/. Please search for requisition number 0171704.
Georgia Tech is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, each company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans.
Applicants with need for accommodation, please click here.