Northwestern University Library seeks energetic and collegial applicants for the position of Digital Initiatives Project Manager. The position oversees high-priority projects, is a team leader and will manage work processes/practices related to repository software development and digital collections management of faculty and library projects. The Avalon Media System grant project will be the primary project focus through December 2016.
- Collaborates with project leadership to define project tasks, milestones, and deliverables that meet stated project objectives and conform to initiative methodology standards.
- Analyzes short- and long-term resource needs and recommends and/or adjusts staffing and resources appropriately.
- Develops communication plan for key messages, project updates, and key decisions that will be used throughout the project.
- Communicates and promulgates software development tracking standards and project management procedures to project team members.
- Coaches and mentors staff.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies include:
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired
- 4 years managing Information Technology (IT), library digital projects and/or related virtual and physical infrastructure projects or other relevant experience.
- Experience leading functional teams and working directly with system users.
- Demonstrated knowledge or awareness of tools and technology standards typically used in digital library environments and/or in open source communities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a complex, rapidly changing and professionally diverse environment.
For more information, interested applicants can view the full job description and apply via Northwestern University’s eRecruit (Job ID 26572): http://bit.ly/1L7oIXN. Cover letters are highly encouraged.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.