Looking for a challenging position supporting research data management? Join the University of California Curation Center’s (UC3) Data Management Planning Tool (DMPTool) team as a product manager. DMPTool is an innovative UC3 service that helps researchers create quality data management plans. UC3 is a program within the California Digital Library, based in Oakland, California.
We are seeking an experienced professional who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth project management skills and knowledge of the research process, data management, and data sharing to manage, promote, and enhance the DMPTool. This is a two-year contract position.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to view the full job description and/or to apply, please visit https://jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=57983 or contact Paulette Malak at Paulette.Malak@ucop.edu.
- Knowledge of and experience with data driven research and the emerging importance of data management and sharing. Familiarity with new data sharing policies required by funding agencies and journal publishers.
- Excellent project management skills and experience coordinating and promoting services. Proven ability to research, collect and analyze information to use in determining product options or alternatives.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with people in new settings as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lead, build consensus and promote the exchange of information among project team, internal and external constituencies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the research data processes including data collection, description, sharing, preservation, and management.
- Entrepreneurial attitude to developing services; self-motivated, with the ability to set and attain goals effectively and the flexibility to adapt to change.