The Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA) and the Digital Library Federation (DLF) are pleased to partner once again in sponsoring an AMIA+DLF Hack Day. In support of the event, DLF is offering one travel grant to the AMIA Conference in Baltimore, Maryland, November 13-16, 2019.
The goal of the AMIA + DLF Travel Award is to bring developers and software engineers who can provide unique perspectives to preserving and providing access to digital audiovisual media to the conference. These “cross-pollinators” can enrich the Hack Day event and share a vision of the library world from their perspective.
This grant will extend the opportunity to attend the Association of Moving Image Archivists Conference to one software development professional from the DLF community. The ideal applicant:
- Seeks more exposure to trends in stewarding digital audiovisual collections.
- Would not typically attend the conference, but can envision and articulate a connection with their work.
- Sees great value in building a dynamic and diverse peer network.
- Is interested in participating in the AMIA+DLF Hack Day on Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
- Is enthusiastic about collaborating with preservation professionals who have varying levels of technical expertise.
- Is affiliated with a DLF member institution.
One award of up to $1,250 will go towards the travel, board, and lodging expenses of attending the AMIA conference. Additionally, the awardee will receive a complimentary full registration to the AMIA conference ($450). After the conference and Hack Day, the recipient will be required to write a blog post about their experience, to be published by DLF.
The AMIA+DLF Hack Day will be a unique opportunity for practitioners and managers of digital audiovisual collections to join with developers and engineers for an intense day of collaboration to develop solutions for digital audiovisual preservation and access. Go to the AMIA Annual Conference website for more information.
Applicants must supply contact information and a resume, as well as a statement (500 words or less) about how attending the Association of Moving Image Archivists Conference will expand your professional horizons, and what skills or ideas you could bring to the Hack Day. The winning applicant must be able to travel to Baltimore, November 13-16, 2019.
**Extended** Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. PT October 4
September 27, 2019. A winner will be announced in early October.