The Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA) and the Digital Library Federation (DLF) are pleased to partner once again in sponsoring an AMIA+DLF Hack Day. This year’s AMIA+DLF Hack Day takes place remotely with activities from April 1-15. Registration is free, and you do not need to be registered for AMIA’s spring conference in order to attend. Find out more about this year’s Hack Day activities and how to sign up here. In support of the event, DLF is offering one registration award to the virtual AMIA Spring 2021 Conference, April 14-16.
The goal of the AMIA+DLF Registration Award is to bring developers and software engineers who can provide unique perspectives to preserving and providing access to digital audiovisual media to the conference. These “cross-pollinators” can enrich both the Hack Day event and the AMIA conference, sharing a vision of the library world from their perspective.
This award will extend the opportunity to attend the Association of Moving Image Archivists Conference to one software development professional or student from the DLF community. The ideal applicant:
- Seeks more exposure to trends in stewarding digital audiovisual collections.
- Would not typically attend the conference, but can envision and articulate a connection with their work.
- Sees great value in building a dynamic and diverse peer network.
- Plans to remotely participate in the AMIA+DLF Hack Day activities that run from Thursday, April 1, 2021 through Thursday, April 15, 2021.
- Is enthusiastic about collaborating with preservation professionals who have varying levels of technical expertise.
- Is affiliated with a DLF member institution.
One award of a complimentary full registration to the AMIA conference ($275). After the conference and Hack Day, the recipient will be required to write a short blog post about their experience within one week of the conference, to be published by DLF.
The AMIA+DLF Hack Day will be a unique opportunity for practitioners and managers of digital audiovisual collections to join with developers and engineers for an intense day of collaboration to develop solutions for digital audiovisual preservation and access. Go to the AMIA Annual Conference website for more information.
Applicants must supply contact information and a resume, as well as a statement (500 words or less) about how attending the Association of Moving Image Archivists Conference will expand your professional horizons, and what skills or ideas you could bring to the Hack Day. The winning applicant must be able to attend AMIA Spring 2021, April 14-16.
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. PT, April 5. A winner will be announced in early April.