AMIA + DLF Cross-Pollinator Travel Awards
The Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA) and DLF are pleased to partner once again in sponsoring a DLF/AMIA Hack Day. In support of the event, DLF is offering one travel grant to the AMIA Conference in Portland, Oregon, November 28-December 1, 2018.
The goal of the AMIA + DLF Award is to bring “cross-pollinators”–developers and software engineers who can provide unique perspectives to moving image and sound archivists’ work with digital materials, share a vision of the library world from their perspective, and enrich the Hack Day event–to the conference.
This grant will extend the opportunity to attend the Association of Moving Image Archivists Conference to one software development professional from the DLF community. The ideal applicant:
- Seeks more exposure to trends in stewarding digital audiovisual collections.
- Would not typically attend the conference, but can envision and articulate a connection with their work.
- Sees great value in building a dynamic and diverse peer network.
- Is interested in participating in the AMIA+DLF Hack Day on November 28, 2018.
- Is enthusiastic about collaborating with preservation professionals who have varying levels of technical expertise.
- Is affiliated with a DLF member institution.
One award of up to $1,250 will go towards the travel, board, and lodging expenses of attending the AMIA conference. Additionally, the awardee will receive a complimentary full registration to the AMIA conference ($450). After the conference and Hack Day, the recipient will be required to write a blog post about their experience, to be published by DLF.
The AMIA+DLF Hack Day will be a unique opportunity for practitioners and managers of digital audiovisual collections to join with developers and engineers for an intense day of collaboration to develop solutions for digital audiovisual preservation and access. View the full set of AMIA Annual Conference programs to learn more.
Applicants must supply contact information, a resume, and an estimated budget, as well as a statement (500 words or less) about how attending the Association of Moving Image Archivists Conference will expand your professional horizons, and what skills or ideas you could bring to the Hack Day. The winning applicant must be able to travel to Portland, November 18-21.
Applications are due by 12:00 a.m. (PST) on September 14, 2018. A winner will be announced by late September.