DLF membership is open to any organization engaged in building or using digital libraries. We especially welcome members who believe in our community’s mission of advancing research, learning, and the public good through the creative design and wise application of digital library technologies. DLF members include archives, libraries and library service organizations, publishers, labs, museums, professional organizations, and vendors, all of whom are invited to contribute to community efforts through a variety of research and development, information sharing, and catalytic initiatives.
Staff from member organizations may: participate in working groups like our Project Managers or Assessment groups; share institutional news in our Contribute blog series; participate in the E-Research Network at a discounted tuition rate; join the work of DLF committees, like our Forum program planning committee; and showcase their work at the Forum by submitting their work to the program. Members will also have special opportunities to contribute to other events and activities and shape the direction of the organization. DLF is growing and becoming a more interesting community every day!
- Early and deeply discounted DLF Forum registration for everyone from your institution (normally a $200 savings/person)
- Steep reductions on tuition for programs like our DLF eResearch Network ($2000 savings/team) and the Digital Humanities Summer Institute ($230 savings/registrant, available to everyone from your institution);
- Networking, mentoring, leadership, and professional development opportunities for staff, including through our working groups and collaborative initiatives
- Access to and support of travel awards, fellowships, and grant opportunities, including DLF cross-pollinator grants, some of which are limited to members
- Complimentary job postings (otherwise $200/listing) and personalized promotion of your open positions through DLF social media
- Communications and outreach support for your initiatives, on request from DLF via Twitter, Facebook, our DLF-Announce listserv, and our website, as well as regular opportunities to showcase your work
- Periodic consultation on local strategic planning, new programs, and institutional goals
- And most of all, the satisfaction of supporting the growth and health of the digital library community, through all the work that DLF initiates, sustains, or promotes.
The institutional fee for DLF membership is $6,000 per year. Any organization that is also a CLIR sponsor is invited to join DLF for a discounted fee of $4,500. Liberal arts colleges are invited to join at a rate of $2,500. The DLF membership year runs from July 1-June 30.
Please contact CLIR/DLF Development Director Louisa Kwasigroch if you are interested in becoming a DLF member, or would like to talk about what might make DLF membership worthwhile for you!