Conference Hotel Information
Hyatt Regency, Baltimore
300 Light Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Please make your reservations early. A special group rate of $185/night (single or double) has been arranged for a limited number of rooms at the conference hotel Sunday (10/30) through Wednesday (11/2) nights. If you would like to book a room for Saturday (10/29) night, it will be at the best available rate, as it is outside our block. In addition, in-room high-speed Internet will be offered at a discount rate of $4.99 to conference participants. Wifi is free in all hotel common areas.
You may reserve a discounted room online, or you may reserve by phone (888-421-1442). If reserving by phone, please mention that you are attending the 2011 Digital Library Federation Fall Forum to get the discounted room rate. Once the block is full, the pricing of hotel rooms will be the best available rate. **Please note the block is now closed and rooms are only available at the Hyatt at best available rate.** Visit the Baltimore City Visitors Portal or Baltimore.org for information on alternative accommodations and area attractions.
Travel to the Conference Hotel
Baltimore Washingtion International Airport (BWI) is located 10 miles south of the hotel.
- Take the Super Shuttle from BWI to the Hyatt Regency for a one-way fare of $13. Pick-up from BWI is every 30 minutes at the ground transportation desk (baggage claim areas 3, 4, and 5). The hours of service are between 6:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m.
- Take the BWI Airport light rail northbound in the direction of Hunt Valley or North Ave Station to the Pratt Street Light Rail Station for a one-way fare of $1.60. From there, walk east on W. Pratt Street towards S. Howard Street, and turn right onto Light Street. The hotel is located 0.4 miles from the Pratt Street Light Rail Station.
- Approximate cost of a taxi from BWI to the Hyatt Regency is $35, and should be around 15 minutes depending on traffic.
Baltimore Penn Station is located 1.6 miles north of the hotel and serves national Amtrak lines as well as MARC commuter rail between Baltimore and Washington, D.C. Please note that MARC trains only operate Monday through Friday.
- Approximate cost of a taxi from Penn Station is $5, and is about 10 minutes depending on traffic.
- Take the Baltimore MTA No. 64 bus in the direction of Curtis Bay to Light Street and Conway for a one-way fare of $1.60. The hotel is 0.1 miles from this bus stop.
- Take the Baltimore MTA No. 3 bus in the direction of Inner Harbor to Charles Street and Pratt Street for a one-way fare of $1.60. Walk south on S. Charles Street, turn left onto E. Camden Street, and turn right onto Light Street. The hotel is 0.1 miles from the Charles Street and Pratt Street bus stop.
- From the light rail station adjacent to Penn Station, take the light rail south bound in the the direction of Dorsey Station to Pratt Street Light Rail Station for a one-way fare of $1.60. From there, walk east on W. Pratt Street towards S. Howard Street, and turn right onto Light Street. The hotel is located 0.4 miles from the Pratt Street Light Rail Station.
Some participants may opt to fly into Washington, D.C. via Dulles International Airport (IAD) or Reagan National Airport (DCA). The approximate cost of a taxi from Dulles to the conference hotel is $80 and from Reagan to the conference hotel is $65.