The FrameWorks Institute is a nonprofit think tank whose mission is advance the nonprofit sector’s communications capacity by identifying, translating and modeling relevant scholarly research for framing the public discourse about social problems. The FrameWorks Institute seeks to hire a short-term digital projects librarian based in the Washington DC area to transfer their archives and current file systems to a cloud-based system.
- Developing a searchable, taggable system in consultation with FrameWorks staff
- Implementing the system and transferring the materials to the cloud
- Training FrameWorkers on the system
- Documenting the system
- Masters’ degree from an ALA-accredited Library and Information Science Program
- Minimum 3-year professional experience with arrangement and description of archives
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as individually
- Knowledge of the principles of preservation of electronic, video, audio and written records.
- Strong knowledge of digitization and metadata standards.
- Strong analytical, writing, interpersonal and organizational skills.
This is a contract position budgeted for between $20-$25 an hour FT for three months, PT for an additional 3 months. The position is located in Washington DC.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Melissa Seldin, Director of Management at email@example.com.