Job Posting: Director, Texas Digital Library
The University of Texas at Austin Libraries seeks a Director for Texas Digital Library.
This position is responsible for the administration and development of multi-institutional consortium of Texas research and academic libraries and will work in collaboration with membership, represent Texas Digital Library (TDL) in state, national, international forums to advance mission and goals of the organization.
· Provide leadership and vision to the Texas Digital Library (TDL) organization, assisting the Governing Board and the staff with the development of long range and annual plans and report the progress of the plans.
· Develop working relationships with the deans and directors of member libraries, as well as with other member library staff to ensure management with TDL programs and awareness of TDL member needs.
· With the assistance of the TDL Governing Board, direct activities aimed at recruitment of new members for the TDL consortium. Develop and nurture relationships with academic and research libraries across the state of Texas and promote the work of TDL to potential member libraries.
· Serve as chief spokesperson for TDL in the digital library and academic library communities.
· Work to elevate TDL’s standing with these communities, and articulate the value of digital libraries generally, and TDL specifically.
· Work with the Governing Board to develop TDL as a nationally recognized digital collaborative.
· Develop, implement, and supervise programs and services that support its Strategic Plan and the needs of member libraries. Program development will include the identification of productive collaborations with outside organizations, with a key focus on building the value of TDL for members and potential members.
· Motivate and develop the professional team of administrative, communications, and technical staff. Coordinate work with Board and member-driven committees and task forces, and oversee the development of member library staff as liaisons for TDL services.
· Develop an annual budget for approval by the Board and oversee the management of all funds, consistent with the University of Texas Libraries’ accounting policies and systems.
· Conduct all business at the highest standard of integrity, ensuring that all activities are legal and ethical.
Required qualifications: Masters degree in Library/Information Science with ALA accreditation. Eight years of increasingly responsible library experience and success in development of digital projects and/or other library initiatives. Demonstrated ability to promote the services or work of an organization to internal and external constituents. Strong administrative and project management skills. Demonstrated commitment to goal-oriented planning, working strategies. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively speak to and work with Directors of Libraries. Experience developing and motivating employees. Demonstrated knowledge of “leading edge” digital library technologies, as well as the ability to assist libraries at all levels of ability and expertise along the digital continuum. Knowledge of challenges facing digital libraries. Experience in managing teams with a technical focus. Experience working with dispersed organizations and/or collaborative organizations. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
For a full Description and for application information, please visit the “jobs” site at the University of Texas at Austin: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/hr/jobs/nlogon/130102010379