Opening: IT Specialist, Special Media Preservation Division, NARA
The Special Media Preservation Division at NARA has a current opening for an IT Specialist. The general duties are:
- Providing network services including LAN administration, server administration, internet connectivity and support, and desktop support.
- Administering user accounts, network permissions and workstation configurations.
- Monitoring system and network performance, data capacity and system security. Performing data backup and data recovery.
- Providing technical support and guidance to others.
- Ensuring compatibility of operating systems, hardware and application software.
- Planning upgrades to existing hardware and software. Planning and designing specifications for the acquisition and implementation of new hardware and software.
- Preparing reports
The closing date is Thursday, February 24, 2011.
For more details and application instructions go here.